Thursday, May 2, 2013

Goodbye moldy, outdated tiles--Hello, paint!

Do you have a dated bathroom? Tiles looking a little dingy or moldy? Silver fixtures starting to lose their shine? My master bathroom had all these problems and more, but now it is starting to look up-to-date and rich, thanks to a little paint. Here's what the shower looked like before...





















And here's the after...





















Before any painting could begin, the shower doors had to come down. Then using a product called Rustoleum Tile Transformations, those stark white tiles surrounded by moldy grout were soon covered by a creamy, almond paint with a stone-like finish.

Rustoleum has a great website loaded with photo galleries and detailed directions for their products. Before I even purchased the paint, I spent lots of time watching the how-to video on their site. The time I spent educating myself was really worth it.

I also painted the tiles surrounding the tub.






















Painting the tiles was a two-part process and took two days, not including drying time.

I'll be back tomorrow to show you how I painted the silver trim on the shower enclosure plus all the silver fixtures.

No comments:

Post a Comment