Thursday, May 2, 2013

Metal Magic

Yesterday I shared how I painted the old, moldy tiles in my master bathroom with a product called Rustoleum Tile Transformations.





















Before beginning this project, I checked out the reviews on amazon.com, and at the time, there were only three--which kind of worried me. I bought the kit at Home Depot, which caused some excitement with the paint people since I was the FIRST person to purchase one there. Another reason for worry, but I forged ahead, and I'm quite happy I did because the results are AMAZING!





















Moving along to the next step in this bathroom remodel...
The shower head received a coat of paint.























As did the on/off handle.






















And the trim around the shower doors.

Before I continue, I have to give some credit to the incredibly talented and creative blogger, Kristi at Addicted 2 Decorating.  I would NEVER have thought to paint the fixtures if I had not seen what she'd done in her bathroom remodel.

I know spray paint is the preferred medium for many painters when it comes to this type of project, but for this particular job I chose something else. Hours spent taping and protecting surfaces I don't want painted is enough to make me give up before I even get started.

Once again, I chose paint made by Rustoleum. I'm not making anything from Rustoleum--I just really love their products. I knew this paint was a good choice because several years ago, I used it to paint an iron railing in front of my house, and after several years of temperature extremes, snow, hail, etc., the railing still looks great. And I like the hammered appearance too. You can see the hammered look pretty well in this close-up of the faucet for the bathtub. I'm still debating whether to paint the entire faucet handles or leave them as they are.



Last, I painted the vanity fixtures along with that little drain.
                                                                                                                                                                                         


I want to draw your attention to the color of the vanity sink because it started out like this:























Once again, PAINTED!
But that's another day.





No comments:

Post a Comment