Monday, May 13, 2013

A Gift That Will Touch Your Heart

When you give someone a gift, you want to make them happy, really happy. I received a Mother's Day gift that made me so happy I cried. I have three daughters, all in their 20's, who really know how to make their mom overjoyed. Look at what they made me...
(Click on the picture if you'd like to see a bigger image.)

My co-worker told me that this is called a "Young Me, Now Me" because it shows how my girls have grown up and changed. Notice that they've posed in the same way as their younger selves. I especially love the hard-to-see photo in the right corner of all three girls together. First of all, they're wearing Christmas sweatshirts that I made for them with fabric and puffy paint. That will bring back some memories for some of you! Secondly, it shows my oldest daughter's sneaky side--she's flashing rabbit ears behind her sisters' heads in both pictures. I also love the fact that you can see her baby bump. I can't wait to be a grandmother. I know that Mother's Day next year will be even more special.

If you are looking for a gift that will really touch someone's heart, find your favorite old pictures and frame out a "Young Me, Now Me"--the lucky recipient will love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment